Sunday, December 27, 2009


We've all had those friends-- the ones that start a relationship with perfect compatibility, and exceptional taste. And at least 7 times out of 10 (for me, anyway) they become someone that takes it past the line. They do that one thing that chips the paint, and all you can question is why you're there with them in the first place. The pessimist pigging out with my conscience has led me to believe that you can't really gain a great friend as you get older. Sure, they can be witty and love the same Beatles albums as you do, but it really can't go much farther than that. I might just be a hopeless wimp, and never want to get to know anyone new; my standards might be too high. But...is it really that bad to ask for a diversity that corresponds? Can I meet someone now, amongst the angsty teenagers of my age that's different? Someone that won't end up nagging me in the end, begging to go catch a coffee for the tenth time in one week?
You know, I think I might be okay with split personalities, there just might finally be an understanding there.

No comments:

Post a Comment